The IC5 combines innovation and quality. The WattRate® LCD computer displays performance in watts, exchanges exercise data with other devices, and guides your intensity with Coach By Color®.
Life Fitness IC5 Indoor Cycling Exercise Bike
94% of reviewers would recommend this product to a friend
The IC5 combines innovative design with precision engineering and high-quality mechanical components. Thanks to the WattRate® LCD computer, IC5 features performance displayed in watts.
ABOUT THE IC5 INDOOR CYCLE
Get quick feedback and make fast adjustments with the 300-degree resistance dial located directly under the handlebar.
Wider than competitors, the soft PVC handlebar provides enough support and easy positioning.
POLY-V BELT DRIVETRAIN
Smoothly transfers high levels of torque and fast flywheel speed with 1:10 gear ratio. Requires less maintenance than chains.
COMFORT PERFORMANCE SADDLE
Crafted with an opening at the heart of the saddle, this design provides an increase in rider comfort and performance.
A 155mm Q-Factor makes your indoor cycle feel more like an outdoor bike. It also increases safety, comfort, and efficiency.
ADJUST TO YOUR FIT
Change saddle height, saddle fore/aft, handlebar height, and handlebar for/aft to find your most comfortable riding position.
WATTRATE® LCD COMPUTER
The IC5 console features a fully integrated LCD screen with on-demand backlight function. Track your intensity with the LED indicator located above the console that dynamically adjusts based on Coach by Color® technology.
- Mechanical tactile touch buttons allow you to quickly adjust even during the toughest rides.
- Bluetooth® and ANT+ allows for realtime data transfer once paired with ICG App® or third party apps.
- 4 training modes to enhance your ride
- Quick Start Mode
- Power Training Mode
- Heart Rate Training Mode
- FTP Power Test
ICG® APP MAXIMIZES EVERY WORKOUT
- Coach by Color® customizes ride experience based on different heart rate and power zones
- 150+ data-driven rides that can also be screencast to another device
- Workouts created by ICG experts for all fitness goals
- Track every workout and easily share your achievements on social media
TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH PREMIUM
- Instructor-led rides to keep you motivated
- 130+ guided music workouts
- Scenic Coach lets you ride through terrain footage from around the globe
- Set your own goal and training targets
- View and compare Coach By Color heart rate and power zones in real time
- Adjustment Type Dials & levers
- Assembled Dimensions 52" L x 20.5" W x 47.2" H (132 cm x 52 cm x 120 cm)
- Computer WattRate® TFT Computer
- Computer Power Supply Batteries
- Crank Type CrMo 6.79" (172.5 mm)
- Drivetrain Poly-V belt
- Drivetrain Gear Ratio 1:10
- Emergency Stop Push (EN-957-10)
- Flywheel Rear, aluminum, evenly-weighted
- Frame Color Matte slate
- Frame Design Off-set
- Frame Material Steel
- Frame Stabilizer Bars Oversized, hidden bolts & fixings
- Handleba rErgo-formed, multi position, soft PVC
- Handlebar Adjustments Vertical & horizontal
- Leveling Feet 4
- Max User Weight 330 lbs (150 kg)
- Pedal Type Dual-sided SPD & toe cage
- Posts & Sliders Aluminum, pin-to-lock adjustment
- Power Measurement WattRate® Power Meter (DIN EN ISO 20957-10)
- Protection and Stretch Plates Molded form-fit with stretch plate
- Resistance System Magnetic
- Saddle Unisex padded sport saddle
- Saddle Adjustments Vertical & horizontal
- Shrouds/Guards Full frame
- Training Intensity Guide Coach By Color®
- Transport Wheels 2
- User Assist Adjustments Handlebar assisted
- Warranty (warranties outside the U.S. may vary) Structural frame – 5 years; Mechanical components – 3 years; Other parts – 1 year; Labor – 1 year
- Water Bottle Holder Dual, integrated on handlebar
- Workout Tracking ICG Training App
|MECHANICAL COMPONENTS||3 Years|
|OPTIONAL ELECTRONICS / CONSOLE||1 Year|
|OTHER PARTS||1 Year|
Life Fitness has been a pioneer in fitness equipment, innovating across cardio equipment, connected consoles, digital content and connected strength equipment.
From health clubs and gyms to pro sports teams and top colleges, fitness facilities in 165+ countries feature the strength and cardio equipment of Life Fitness.
Great add to my WFH office
I love my life fitness bike. It's just like the one at my company's fitness center. When we moved to a work from home office set up due to Covid, I bought it for my home office. I ride it nearly every day and it's a great workout. You can easily vary your routine to mix it up and to build a nice sweat. The only thing I'd like to see different on it is a more robust connection of the handle bars to the stem. The 2 screws have loosened twice and are getting loose again. When I stand up to grind I feel like I might rip them right off. Even so, I'd buy it again. I really do love it!
- Easy Storage
- Easy To Set Up
- Easy To Use
- Best for
- General Fitness
- Heart Rate Training
- Low Impact Exercise
- Performance Training
- Strength Training
- Weight Loss
- Describe Yourself: Enthusiast
Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend to a friend
I love this product!
I am using the Life Fitness bike for strengthening after a knee replacement. My husband uses the bike on days he cannot ride outside. The bike is easy to adjust for multiple users.
- Easy To Set Up
- Easy To Use
- Best for
- General Fitness
- Low Impact Exercise
Life Fitness IC5 Indoor Cycling Bike:
|Computer||WattRate® LCD Computer. Battery powered.|
|Drivetrain Gear Ratio||1:10|
|Frame Color||Matte Slate|
|Shrouds & Guards||Full Frame|
|Resistance System||Magnetic via lever|
|Emergency Stop||Push (EN-957-10)|
|Flywheel||Rear, aluminum, evenly-weighted|
|Q-Factor||155mm / 6.1|
|Crank||CrMo 172,5mm / 6.79“|
|Pedal||Dual-sided SPD & toe cage|
|Handlebar||Ergo-formed, multi position, soft PVC, Vertical & Horizontal Adjustments|
|Saddle||Unisex padded sport saddle. Vertical & Horizontal Adjustments|
|Water Bottle Holder||Dual, integrated on handlebar|
|Use Assist Adjustments||Handlebar Assisted|
|Readouts||RPM, Resistance Level, Watts, Training Zone. Coach by color: color-coded feedback.|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 4.0 and ANT +|
|4 Training Modes||Quick start, Power training, Heart Rate training, Functional Threshold Power|
|Max. User Weight||330 lbs|
|Product Weight||112 lbs.|
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
ic5 indoor cycle
Since my gym closed for COVID I needed an at home option that would challenge me. I workout every day and the gym was a big part of my lifestyle. I researched indoor cycles OBSESSIVELY for days before deciding this was the best option for me. This bike is AMAZING. It is incredibly sturdy, easy to adjust, comfortable, whisper quiet and stylish. The Q factor was a big part of the choice for me – it’s 155mm, maybe the smallest I saw when comparing other bikes. I like the included monitor (not included on the ic4) since I’m a metric driven sort of person. Yes, you can get attachments to track cadence, watts, etc but I like that it’s part of the bike. The biggest thing for me was knowing what the resistance level was since you can only tell by feel if you don’t have the monitor. BEWARE: the images shown on this site and even the icg site itself for this monitor are inaccurate! The monitor you receive is a lower tech model of the one shown. It’s a bit misleading but if you connect your bike to the icg app on your phone you’ll get the better version of the monitor. I haven’t used the app much because I’m streaming classes from Soul Cycle. I got the tablet mount and it works really well with the elastic strap that helps anchor tablets. I’ve been using my large 12.9” ipad. I also got the dumbbell holder but haven’t installed it yet since I can’t get dumbbells anywhere right now anyway. Assembly: It definitely requires 2 people to set up. I highly recommend watching the installation video from icg before even opening the box. It walks you through the assembly in a slightly different way than the instructions and it’s much easier to understand. Plus I didn’t have all the tools necessary and had to order those. Overall, I highly recommend this bike. The ic4 is the same but w/o a monitor and the ic6 has a much nicer monitor (that doesn’t require the batteries this one does) but it’s also more money. Truth be told, if I had seen what this monitor actually looked like, I would have more seriously considered the ic6. But I’m happy with this model because I can always use the icg app and because I use my own tablet.